In an effort to help reduce risk for our clients, our staff and our community we have made the following changes:
- If you are having symptoms of COVID-19 and your pet is in need of care please call our clinic to discuss if a visit is necessary and if so, how we may be of assistance while still limiting person to person contact.
- If you need to pick up medication or prescription food for your pet please call ahead so that we can have it ready when you arrive. Please call when you arrive and we will bring the items out to your vehicle. Also note that our staff is working tirelessly to fill prescriptions in a timely manner, however due to the volume of requests that we are receiving the wait time will be longer than usual.
- If you have an appointment please call when you arrive. We will come out to speak with you about your pet and bring them in for their exam/treatment/surgery etc. We will bring them back out to you afterward and discuss any pertinent findings.
If on an individual basis such as euthanasia or other circumstance where we deem it necessary to have a client enter the building please follow the following protocols:
- Proper social distancing-please remain at least 6 feet from others.
- Please cover any coughs or sneezes appropriately.
- Hand Washing: Please avoid touching anything until washing your hands. (We will provide accommodations to wash your hands on entry and exit.)
We understand that this process will be more time consuming for you. We also understand that it can be scary to be away from your pet when they are being worked with. Please know that we will treat each patient as if they were our own and try to minimize their anxiety.
We know that no matter the situation if your pets need medical care it is a priority for you. We are carefully considering the best way to keep you and our staff healthy while providing medical care for your pets. We ask for your patience as we are trying to implement these new protocols. I fully expect that this new process will take some getting used to by all of us. I also expect that this may cause us to have increased wait times until we fine tune the process. We appreciate your patience and support and we look forward to the time when we can see you face to face again!
Cape Veterinary Clinic